The National Accounts Manager will be responsible for all selling efforts for the company’s generic portfolio. Develop strategic initiatives that drive portfolio / individual product market share growth at National / Regional Accounts.
- Cultivate and maintain high-value customer relationships to establish loyalty and build trust with all key customer contacts including key decision-makers.
- Present customer pricing proposals to senior management and communicate decisions back to customers.
- Participate in trade shows to promote sales of the company’s products and services.
- Achieve, maintain and increase sales to national / regional accounts.
- Ensure constant focus on details of the budgeted sales performance.
- Develop and deliver informative sales presentations based on individual customer needs to maximize sales of the company product portfolio.
- Create and regularly update Account Business Plans for all customers.
- Perform periodic Business Reviews with all customers.
- Collaborate with other departments through matrixed relationships to identify and capitalize on opportunities and ensure optimization of resources.
- Maintain an outstanding level of market, customer, distribution, and product knowledge necessary to accomplish sales and marketing objectives.
- Perform various other duties as assigned.
- Five to seven years relative experience; experience in the generic pharmaceutical business is preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Knowledge of sales principles, methods and techniques.
- Thorough understanding of targeted market channels.
- Understanding of Pharmaceutical market data.
- Skill in effective communication, both orally and in writing.
- Skill in effective organization; including problem–solving and follow-up.
- Strong negotiation skills at all levels of targeted audience.
- Exercise good judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Ability to develop working relationships with both internal and external customers and work as a team player with employees at all levels.
- Ability to create customer loyalty.
- Travel – 20% or more
- Education: BA/BS required. MBA preferred
- Job Type: Full-time